113 grams bittersweet chocolate
1 cup virgin coconut oil
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides.
- In a large bowl combine the chocolate and coconut oil and microwave in 30 second bursts until melted and smooth.
- Let cool slightly before adding in the granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and yolk, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for about 35 minutes or until the brownies are set but moist crumbs are still attached when inserting a toothpick.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares and serving.
P/S: These are very moist brownies, they may be easier to cut chilled. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.