1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
1 cup sugar
⅓ cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup virgin coconut oil
1 cup of coconut water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan with coconut oil and line the bottom with parchment paper cut to fit the pan snugly.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix together the vinegar, vanilla, virgin coconut oil, and coconut water. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until well blended and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick or thin knife blade inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake completely on a rack. Then slide a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen it from the pan. Place a half sheet pan or large rectangular cutting board on top of the cake pan. Grasp the sides firmly and quickly flip the cake out onto the board. Peel the parchment paper from the underside of the cake and place the cake in the freezer to firm up, for at least half an hour. When the cake is firm (don’t leave it in too long or it will freeze hard) cut out the cake into your desired shape.