Banana leaves, 80g brown sugar
30g rice flour
250ml thick coconut milk, salt
2 tablespoons of ItWorks! Virgin Coconut Oil
8 pandan (screwpine) leaves,
50g rice flour
- Prepare banana leaf boat by cutting into 7x10 cm rectangles and folding it into boats. Fasten with stapler or toothpicks.
- Arrange banana boats onto a steaming rack. Put 1 teaspoon of sugar in each boat.
- For the bottom layer: Blend the pandan leaves with water then strain to get all the juice. If you have a juicer, use that instead.
- In a pot, put the pandan juice, rice flour and 2 tablespoons of vco together and stir until smooth. Cook over a medium heat while stirring continuosly until mixture thickens.
- Once the flour cooled off, sieve the flour and add in 2 tablespoons of vco.
- Spoon mixture into banana boat until 3/4 full. Steam for about 15 minutes until the bottom layer is set.
- For the top layer: Put all ingredients into a pot and stir until smooth. Cook over low heat until mixture thickens.
- When the top layer is set, spoon the cooked top layer over the green bottom layer. Steam for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.