250g rice flour, 4 pieces of pandan leaves, cut into 4-inch section, 160-180ml hot water, ¼ tablespoon of salt, 2 tablespoon of Virgin Coconut Oil
150g of grated palm sugar
100g of grated coconut, 2 pandan leaves cut into 4-inch section, a pinch of salt
15(3X3) banana leaves squares
- Toast the flour with panda leaves over medium heat. Stir flour around the pan to avoid burning. The flour is ready when the pandan leaves in the mix becomes dry. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the topping. Have a steamer ready with boiling water. Add salt and pandan leaves to the grated coconut. Stir to combine. Steam for 5 mins. Set aside to cool.
- Grate the palm sugar. Set aside to be used later.
- Once the flour cooled off, sieve the flour and add in 2 tablespoons of vco.
- Combine hot water with salt. Add water into the flour mixture. Continue to add water into the flour until you can no longer find dry flour at the bottom of the mix.
- Sieve the flour again. Press the clumps of flour through a fine sieve by using a spatula. The resulting flour should come out looking like coarse breadcrumbs.
- Boil large amount of water in a steamer.
- Put about a tablespoon of flour into the mold.
- Put some palm sugar as topping.
- Steam for about 3 mins and top with grated coconut and serve with a piece of banana leaf.