1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
For the filling:
6 large dates - pitted
2 tbsp water
1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
pinch of salt for date paste - optional
1/4 cup whole peanuts
- In a blender, process the dates, water, vanilla extract and salt until smooth, whipped and creamy. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together. You can warm them for 20-30 seconds in a microwave or in a small sauce pot on the stove.
- Pour one teaspoon of the melted chocolate into the chocolate moulds. Then place in freezer for 2 minutes, or until hardened
- Next, put 5-6 peanuts in each bar mould, then dollop the date caramel on top. Using a spoon or butter knife, press the date paste towards the middle of the mould, leaving room for the chocolate to cling to the edges and seal in the filling. Pour the remaining chocolate over top the peanuts and date paste.
- Place bars back in the freezer to chill until hardened, usually at least five minutes. You can store the bars in a plastic bag in the freezer - they will keep well for up to a few weeks!