Tried most things? Eating less? Eating less fat? Not working right?
Well, losing weight or losing body fats is really about exercising regularly and eating correctly so that our metabolic rates are enhanced thereby increasing our calorific requirement each day. How do we achieve this? Having a regular exercising program requires only one ingredient – discipline. Eating correctly is much easier to do but a lot harder to understand.
Some people equate this to eating less fats. This is further from the truth. We can grow fat eating anything else if the total calorific content is higher than what we need and in fact, the fastest way to losing weight is by reducing the consumption of carbohydrates and not fats! Some fats go beyond the conventional thinking by upping our metabolic rates such as the Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO) and when our metabolic rates go up, we will burn more energy and hence, promotes weight loss.
- The Virgin Coconut Oil is mostly made up of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) that have a different digestion pathway in our body. Instead of being repackaged as fats in our intestines during digestion like the normal fats, MCTs are broken up into fatty acids and monoglycerides and are then sent to the liver where they are oxidized for energy production.
- This process is deemed to be thermogenic (heat generating) and has an elevating effect on our metabolic rates by as long as 24 hours after consumption.
- An elevated metabolic rate generally means a higher calorific requirement by the body. Food consumed will be burnt up much more than to be kept as body fat.
Start keeping trim today! Augment your metabolic rates by coupling your exercise programs with Virgin Cococnut Oil.
TIPS TO STAY TRIM:
- Exercise at least 5 times per week with each session at not less than 30 minutes. Exercises must be aerobic (breathing is required) in nature which will promote the oxidation of body fat for energy. Aerobic effect is attained when the heart beat rate is maintained at between 60-80% of Maximum Heart Rate (calculated at 225 - age) for at least 20 minutes.
- Reduce intake of carbohydrates to not more than 40% of total food intake. Reduce carbohydrate intake especially when there is no intense energy requirement thereafter especially for dinner.
- Replace fat content of food by at least 14gms with Virgin Coconut Oil each day. Be innovative in your consumption as Virgin Cococnut Oil can be taken directly, as a salad oil, bread spread, spread over rice, detox accompaniment etc etc.